[Readers always ask me how to keep up with all the developments in technology and the online world. That’s why we’ve introduced a new feature: a weekly link roundup curated by Matt Mansfield. -Becky]
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here. These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!). Enjoy!
How to Measure Your Facebook Engagement
My Take: Basic tips on measuring how well you’re doing at gaining the right kind of attention on Facebook.
How Apps Can Help Market Your Business, Increase Sales
My Take: Can a mobile app really boost your business? Find out.
How To (Successfully) Break The First Rule Of Social Media
My Take: Some valuable tips that transcend social media and can be applied to many aspects of your business.
When is the best time to tweet?
My Take: I like this approach because it uses YOUR actual engagement statistics to see when YOUR audience is paying attention!
The Super-Guide to Making Money from Advertising on Your Blog
My Take: Finally – a handy, straightforward guide including how to set advertising rates!
The Best Way to Spend an Hour on Social Media
My Take: A step-by-step plan for managing your day-to-day social media activities.
When expert knowledge hurts your email marketing: 5 examples
My Take: A great take on the value of writing to your audience, not above them.
What Are The Best Social Media Monitoring Tools? [Infographic]
My Take: Monitoring your social media presence can be a real chore unless you use a tool like the ones listed here.
Need a Product Endorsement? Look to Bloggers, Not Celebrities
My Take: A look at the rising influence of endorsements from bloggers.
6 Steps to Getting ‘Just-Right’ Clients to Your Website
My Take: Website traffic is valuable, but targeted website traffic is worth its weight in gold. This post lists some good strategies for getting getting more visits from your targeted audience.
- Don’t bother to mention the benefits unless you tie them to this - November 12, 2018
- What business does every small town need? A store full of tiny retail spaces - November 5, 2018
- How any business can be part of downtown events by going mobile - October 29, 2018
- Support local entrepreneurship by giving Rising Stars business awards - October 22, 2018
- Why do people say there’s nothing to do here then not come to our concerts? - October 15, 2018
- Need more volunteers? Give everyone a tiny role - October 8, 2018
- Retailers: Fill all empty space, floor to ceiling - October 1, 2018
- Shipping container businesses downtown: don’t make this big mistake - September 24, 2018
- Easy economic development tip: Write down all new businesses in your small town - September 17, 2018
- Commerce builds communties - September 10, 2018