Turning around the phrase, “Get the heck out of Dodge,” the Dodge City/Ford County Development Corporation has “Get the heck into Dodge!”
Ten bonus points for their excellent website address: DodgeCityHasJobs.com – Their whole site gives a wonderful impression of the community and their current economic strength.
It’s a good example of taking a seemingly negative phrase and making it positive. It’s also a good example of going with what you’re known for, at the same time that you build a new perception. The website showcases the early history alongside the current economy.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020