Turning around the phrase, “Get the heck out of Dodge,” the Dodge City/Ford County Development Corporation has “Get the heck into Dodge!”
Ten bonus points for their excellent website address: DodgeCityHasJobs.com – Their whole site gives a wonderful impression of the community and their current economic strength.
It’s a good example of taking a seemingly negative phrase and making it positive. It’s also a good example of going with what you’re known for, at the same time that you build a new perception. The website showcases the early history alongside the current economy.
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020