Rural sourcing is like outsourcing, except to rural areas with lower costs of doing business. It’s like off-shoring, only it’s on-shoring.
We’ve talked about it before, most recently in “Rural sourcing can replace outsourcing.”
Two more rural outsourcing firms to watch:
- Saturn Systems celebrated 20 years in 2010.
- Rural America OnShore Outsourcing has a collection of whitepapers, webinars and other educational materials about onshoring.
Watch for this trend to accelerate in 2011, pushed by global supply chain problems.
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021