Sheila and I are hosting an Open House at Tourism Currents this weekend (November 26 – 28, 2010).
|Sheila welcomes you!|
What is Tourism Currents? It is an online course on how to use social media tools for tourism projects. It’s all based around real life things you do every day in the tourism world.
Based on feedback from tourism pros, we’ve made it a weekly course. You can now finish all the lessons in six weeks, instead of six months.
To help you see how really amazing (that’s not modest, is it?) our course is, we’re giving you full access to all the paid membership materials. You’ll see all the lessons, video interviews, tons of examples specifically for tourism, and extras in the Resources section. It’s a great way to see if Tourism Currents is right for you. But only for three days. After that, the doors close again.
Join us Friday night for a fun conversation in the comment box, Open Mic Night. We borrowed the idea from Liz Strauss at Successful Blog. It’s just a fun, social, rambling chat and you participate by commenting on the post. Look for that over at Tourism Currents on Friday, Nov. 26, 2010, 7pm Central Time. Everyone is welcome, whether you work in tourism or not.
And as a final bonus, during the Open House, you can sign up for the online course for 20% off. We’ll post the code at Tourism Currents during the Open House.
So come see us. (I’ll even open the doors a bit early on Thanksgiving night. Don’t tell.)
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020