At the International Economic Development Council’s annual conference in Columbus this year, I presented on a panel with two great economic development people who are also resources on social media use.
First is Victoria Hershberg. She is with McAllen Economic Development Corporation, and actively uses social media to promote McAllen. Here presentation outlines their current techniques and results. You can see it on SlideShare “Social Media and Linkages to Multiple Markets.”
Next is Isabelle Poirier. She is an expert in economic development and also tourism and the use of social media. You can also find her presentation of best practices on SlideShare. Also stop by her site, Tools for Thought, to get a copy of the Canadian Cities Online Marketing Index (c) 2010.
And don’t overlook Stefphanie Harper, with the Columbus Mayor’s Office. She was our moderator, and very sharp at keeping us moving and on topic.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020