At the International Economic Development Council’s annual conference in Columbus this year, I presented on a panel with two great economic development people who are also resources on social media use.
First is Victoria Hershberg. She is with McAllen Economic Development Corporation, and actively uses social media to promote McAllen. Here presentation outlines their current techniques and results. You can see it on SlideShare “Social Media and Linkages to Multiple Markets.”
Next is Isabelle Poirier. She is an expert in economic development and also tourism and the use of social media. You can also find her presentation of best practices on SlideShare. Also stop by her site, Tools for Thought, to get a copy of the Canadian Cities Online Marketing Index (c) 2010.
And don’t overlook Stefphanie Harper, with the Columbus Mayor’s Office. She was our moderator, and very sharp at keeping us moving and on topic.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022