At the International Economic Development Council’s annual conference in Columbus this year, I presented on a panel with two great economic development people who are also resources on social media use.
First is Victoria Hershberg. She is with McAllen Economic Development Corporation, and actively uses social media to promote McAllen. Here presentation outlines their current techniques and results. You can see it on SlideShare “Social Media and Linkages to Multiple Markets.”
Next is Isabelle Poirier. She is an expert in economic development and also tourism and the use of social media. You can also find her presentation of best practices on SlideShare. Also stop by her site, Tools for Thought, to get a copy of the Canadian Cities Online Marketing Index (c) 2010.
And don’t overlook Stefphanie Harper, with the Columbus Mayor’s Office. She was our moderator, and very sharp at keeping us moving and on topic.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020