South by Southwest allows the public to offer input on the choice of topics for the Interactive Festival, coming up in March 2011. (Yest, that’s far away, but SXSW likes to plan ahead.)
I cooperated with several people to submit proposals this year. My favorite is What We Can Learn from Small Town Entrepreneurs with Barry Moltz. This is the topic we are writing together. I’d love your support.
My Tourism Currents partner Sheila Scarborough put in Tourism Catches On: Old Industry Meets New Media with Andy Hayes and me. Andy and Sheila have a ton of wonderful tourism examples to share, and I’d love to see this one selected.
The panel I put in under my own name is a cooperative effort with Liz Strauss and Barry Moltz, called Micro-Business Rapid-Response Success-Failure Q&A. We’re proposing a small business Q&A session, but with a difference: time limited and rapid fire. It should be different than anything you’ve heard before.
Nathan Wright of Omaha put together Social Marketing Lessons Learned on the Farm to include me and more great folks. (That’s the danger of writing ahead – I can’t remember now who the other person was!)
Two more “rural” topics caught my eye: Offline America, Why We Have a Digital Divide and Educating Web Workers: The Story of Bennington College.
I’d also like to promote my fellow Okies, on the Okies at SXSW list.
And if you’re a friend of Liz Strauss and Terry Starbucker, they’ve put together the Friends of SOBCon SXSW panels list.
Did you propose a panel? Share it in the comments!
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021