It’s coming. We’re bringing the 140Conference to a small town. We’re very, very early in the process, so I want you to get involved.
|Jeff Pulver and me at the 140 Conference in London|
Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver is the driving force behind the 140 Character Conference, or 140Conf for short. It’s not about Twitter. It’s about the ways real time online communication is changing almost everything.
The big questions are when and where. We’re nailing those down now. The date will be in the first two weeks of November 2010. The location is going to be in northern Oklahoma or central Kansas. We’re getting cost numbers from three towns right now. Stay tuned for announcements!
Let’s not wait until everything is set; here’s how you can get involved now:
- Catch Jeff and friends on the Road Trip. Leading up to the Detroit 140Conf, Jeff and friends will be making a road trip across the Midwest August 22 to August 28, 2010. Once we started talking about doing a Small Town 140 Conf, Jeff immediately re-worked his trip to reach more small towns. He’ll be going through Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. If you’re on or near the road trip route, RSVP for a tweetup, and let us know in the comments here.
- Get on the Twitter list. Put your Twitter name in the comments or send me an @ reply on Twitter to let me know.
- Watch the hashtag. All the good discussion is going on through Twitter, with the hashtag #140conf.
- Have something to say, or a story to tell? Put in a speaker proposal.
- Want to help financially or get your organization involved? Sponsor the conference by sending an email to me or to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thoughts? Ideas? Are you as excited as I am?
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021