|Wind turbine, Cumbria, by S John Davey|
This week, a monumental report on rural England’s problems and rural potential hit the media with headlines like “Rural England key to economic recovery.”
Rural England is leading the way to economic recovery, thanks to high levels of entrepreneurship in the countryside, a report has revealed.
I love that! Now that the city slickers who run our banks and hedge funds have pitched the world into a financial crisis, and a former Government run by townies has left the Treasury coffers bare, we should turn to country folk to pull us out of the mire!
This burst of rural news was started by the release of a major report by the Commission for Rural Communities.
State of the countryside 2010 provides a comprehensive description of social, economic and environmental conditions and changes across rural England, highlighting the main challenges and future trends for government and other organisations.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020