Yes, I know you do business in a small town and all the locals know where you are. But if you also do business with visitors and tourists, it’s up to you to make yourself easy to find.
2. Check different mobile map systems and phones.
3. Claim your business listing in Google Places.
4. Have at least a basic website.
5. Write extremely clear driving directions.
Extremely clear. Here’s our take on how to write better directions for tourists.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021