Two rural development resources worth exploring, both with business and entrepreneurship sections:
Rural Community Building blog
American Farm Bureau Federation put together this blog “to enhance the quality of life in rural communities so that future generations will want to stay on the farm.” Sabrina Matteson, AFBF director of rural affairs is the lead author. Entrepreneurship is clearly one of their top topics so far.
Rural Information Center
The USDA has pulled together a wide range of rural resources at the Rural Information Center (RIC). You know I got excited about the rural tourism section, but there is also a section on rural emergency responders, funding resources, and many more. The RIC also provides information and referral services, so you can ask a question if you need help finding an answer. Under the Community Development heading, you’ll find a whole page of business resources.
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020