Here are four ways that I am using Twitter itself to attract interesting and interested people on Twitter.
1. Live tweet from events. Include the event hashtag. (If there isn’t one, make one.)
2. Participate in tweet chats. Find one that interests you on this list of Twitter Chats on Google Docs.
3. Create lists of like minded people. She who convenes the network, reaps the benefits.
4. Follow lists of people you find interesting. Look on Listorious to find more good ones.
I wrote this because my friend Julien Smith says Twitter is useless to build a following. (note for the delicate in the crowd: Julien uses bad language.) Just for the record, I agree with Julien’s main point: “getting RT’ed doesn’t build audience if it doesn’t go to your content.”
Now, I told you that story to tell you this one.
Here are four ways outside of Twitter to build your following.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021