Sheila Scarborough and I were happy to connect with Australian Des Walsh to talk tourism for our Tourism Currents listeners. I thought you’d enjoy it as well.
(cc) by trib
Des attended some presentations on the Tourism Queensland project, The World’s Best Job. He joins us with some thoughts on what went right, what didn’t go as well, and how to maintain ongoing momentum.
A few choice tidbits from our conversation
- How would you like some repeat business? Makes a great opening question to small tourism operators.
- Fear of using online tools and social networks is a bit like fear of travel. You are never really safe, no matter where you are.
- It doesn’t matter who prints your brochure, but it matters who answers your phone or works the desk at your visitors center. And it matters who represents you online.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020