Sheila Scarborough and I were happy to connect with Australian Des Walsh to talk tourism for our Tourism Currents listeners. I thought you’d enjoy it as well.
(cc) by trib
Des attended some presentations on the Tourism Queensland project, The World’s Best Job. He joins us with some thoughts on what went right, what didn’t go as well, and how to maintain ongoing momentum.
Audio interview with Des Walsh
A few choice tidbits from our conversation
- How would you like some repeat business? Makes a great opening question to small tourism operators.
- Fear of using online tools and social networks is a bit like fear of travel. You are never really safe, no matter where you are.
- It doesn’t matter who prints your brochure, but it matters who answers your phone or works the desk at your visitors center. And it matters who represents you online.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022