I think blogging is one of the best ways to promote your small business. You don’t need any one’s permission to start, it’s not terribly difficult, and it lets you share your knowledge with your customers. In fact, you and your customers can learn together through your blogging.
I frequently advise small business people who are considering blogging to take this test. For two weeks, write down every question a customer asks you. If you could write an answer, it’s a potential blog post. At the end of two weeks, you’ll either have a ton of material for blog posts, or you’ll know that maybe blogging isn’t for you.
Some people are happy to just jump in and experiment. (like me) But most people want more help. With all the blogging advice that’s out there, I was pleased to see that our friend Grant Griffiths has created a blogging course with some other smart folks, including folks we know and respect like Michael Martine and John Haydon.
Their project is called Start Blogging Today.
I’ve looked through their materials and outline, read through the lessons, and thought about their approach. It’s good. It’s good enough that I’m proud to be an affiliate, and to recommend it to you.
If you are wanting to start blogging for your small business, and you are the kind of person who likes an outline, likes learning in a structured way, then consider this course.
Things I really like about their approach:
- They’ve gone to great pains to make sure you keep up with it, and don’t fall behind. Lessons are released to you weekly. You have a progress tracker and checklist.
- The material is great and getting better. What they have already is great, definitely above the other courses I’ve seen. And they are improving it as they go with new materials, examples from students’ blogs, and contributions from guest bloggers. That’s what will keep it from getting stale.
- They understand blogging for small business. They talk about why to have a blog for a small business, and how to align your blog with your business. They go into promoting through Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- There’s more. Of course there are forums, Q&A calls, bonus lessons and more stuff like that. But the important part is the course, the weekly lessons.
If this sounds like a good match for you, take a look at the Start Blogging Today site. And if you have questions, feel free to ask. I want you to make sure it’s right for you before you invest in it.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022