Lots of local tourism groups and chambers of commerce send out excellent email blasts to their members. If you send an email newsletter, I’ll bet you routinely talk to people who didn’t know about it. It’s like the best kept secret.
Did you know you could be multiplying your reach with social tools?
You can use the same content to reach out in multiple ways, in multiple places. I realize you don’t have time to do more work. So, we’re going to do this the absolutely easiest way. Posterous. Add email@example.com as a subscriber to your email list. Then Posterous will automatically create a new post from each email you send out.
Posterous includes a wonderful Autopost feature that will then send the post to your regular blog, the post and photos to Facebook, the headline and link to Twitter, and the photos to Flickr. Yes, you do have to go in and set those up, but you only have to do it once. Then it works on automatic pilot.
So from your existing effort, you can multiply that to reach many more people. The Posterous site becomes a new public face for you. Every email is saved there. The search engines are able to crawl through that content, all those events, adding to your online presence. The autoposts to Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr put you in front of your residents and visitors where they spend the most time online. And the autopost to your regular blog means it’s all backed up on your own site.
Do this, and your email blast won’t be the best kept secret in town any more.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020