Tourism has more to gain from social media marketing than any other industry. That’s my opinion. It’s also why Sheila Scarborough and I created Tourism Currents.
Two quick updates from Tourism Currents:
- We’re getting close to reopening the courses to a new round of students. If you want to know more about how to use social media to draw more visitors to your town, you would probably love Tourism Currents courses. Want to be one of the first to know when we reopen? Sign up for our Early Bird List.
- In cooperation with BlogWorld Expo, we’ll be presenting a live training event for tourism professionals, CVB’s (Convention and Visitors Bureaus), Convention Center promoters, etc. The bonus? It’s part of BlogWorld, giving you the chance to connect with bloggers, podcasters, and other online content creators. These are the people who can help spread the word about your destination online. We’re planning networking meetings, tweetups, and possibly speed dating to help destination marketers network with the people who can provide them with online coverage. This is still in the early stages, so I’ll let you know as we get it worked out.
That’s all the latest. I knew you’d want to know. Thanks for listening!
PS – How do you like the new signpost graphics that Kim Fenolio made for us? She makes us look good!
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
[…] And from Becky’s announcement post: […]