Joshua Neckes sent me some information on an interesting contest from Cortera, www.cortera.com. (Coretera calls itself a community-driven credit/business information provider that allows smaller businesses to check on the payment history of vendors and clients. Seems reasonable.)
The contest is called “The Comeback 2010”, www.thecomeback2010.com, and is encouraging small business owners to submit inspiring stories for a chance to win $3500 – with total prizes over $8000.
- The Comeback: Tell us an inspiring story about a time when you went “all-in” for your business against big odds – perhaps a tough economy, or a fierce competitor.
- Cough It Up: Ever had trouble getting reimbursed by a business partner/vendor? We want to hear the story of how you got paid, and recovered the money you needed to grow your business.
- Hanging Out the Shingle: Tell us the story of when you broke from the pack, and started living your small business dream.
- Hometown Success: Share the story of how your company is making a real difference in your local community this year.
Guess which category caught my attention?
The small business can tell their own story, or anyone can nominate a favorite local business. Our friend Denise O’Berry is one of the judges.
The contest runs through June 15, 2010.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021