Joshua Neckes sent me some information on an interesting contest from Cortera, www.cortera.com. (Coretera calls itself a community-driven credit/business information provider that allows smaller businesses to check on the payment history of vendors and clients. Seems reasonable.)
The contest is called “The Comeback 2010”, www.thecomeback2010.com, and is encouraging small business owners to submit inspiring stories for a chance to win $3500 – with total prizes over $8000.
- The Comeback: Tell us an inspiring story about a time when you went “all-in” for your business against big odds – perhaps a tough economy, or a fierce competitor.
- Cough It Up: Ever had trouble getting reimbursed by a business partner/vendor? We want to hear the story of how you got paid, and recovered the money you needed to grow your business.
- Hanging Out the Shingle: Tell us the story of when you broke from the pack, and started living your small business dream.
- Hometown Success: Share the story of how your company is making a real difference in your local community this year.
Guess which category caught my attention?
The small business can tell their own story, or anyone can nominate a favorite local business. Our friend Denise O’Berry is one of the judges.
The contest runs through June 15, 2010.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021