Here’s a low cost and low tech promotional idea: rubber stamps and adhesive stickers.
Stamp your paper sacks, paper invoices, paper envelopes, or paper receipts. Sticker your packages, wrappers or brochures.
Here are some ideas for high tech messages:
- Like us on Facebook (URL)
- Get specials on Twitter (URL)
- Check in here for deals (FourSquare and Gowalla logos)
- Join our insiders email list (URL)
- Get specials via text message (short code)
(URL=web site address. If needed, shorten it at su.pr, bit.ly, or is.gd so it will fit comfortably on a sticker or stamp.)
Advantages of the rubber stamp:
- Nice contrast low tech/high tech
- Pay once, use forever
- Can stamp cloth, like tshirts
Advantages of the stickers:
- Can hand them out, let customers share them
- Will work on slicker materials, like plastic or mylar bags, or hard surfaces like laptop cases
Use caution when handing out stickers. There is potential for people to misuse them, or stick them where they don’t belong. So avoid handing them out to everyone at an event, especially kids. Unless you want to be branded as a vandal and graffiti vendor.
Here’s where the idea for this post came from. I was talking with Scott Townsend of United Linen (Bartlesville, Oklahoma), and he mentioned they received a “Like us on Facebook” sticker. Scott is a video powerhouse, and so of course he video’ed it:
What can you add? What cool low tech/high tech ideas have you seen?
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020