Predictive questions are questions that can lead to better recommendations. By asking your customers the right question, you can more easily connect them with the right product or the right service. The two questions might not even seem to be related.
The predictive question, “Do you like to dance?” correlates with, “should you switch to a Mac?” I heard that example in a session at SXSW. I think it was Making Content Relevant.
At the liquor store we ask, “Do you sweeten your tea?” to find out what type of wine customers might like.
Because the predictive question seems unrelated to the purchase decision, it can feel less intimidating to the customer, and easier to answer.
What seemingly unrelated questions might lead you to better answers for your customers?
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022