How can your small town business take on the bigger competitors? Whether you’re facing the big boxes, the big city shopping, or the online big boys, you can try these four ways to beat them back.
- Tell your human story. Your business came from somewhere, was founded by someone, touches real people. When you tell your story, you build relationships.
- Your culture and place matter. You have a better connection with what your people want, how they like to be treated, and what touches their emotions than any big company can.
- When you have a competitive or better price, hammer on it. You have to overcome people’s perception that small town businesses have higher prices. It doesn’t have to be on every single thing, but I’ll bet you can be competitive on many prices. Plus, you may represent a better value because of what all you add. Make sure you show people.
- When you have better quality, tell that story. This is where people’s perceptions work in your favor. The general perception about quality at big companies isn’t good. Take advantage of it.
You can tell these stories in your ads, in your online presences, in signs and displays, and most importantly by making sure all your people know and share them, too.
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022