In addition to everything we talk about here, I publish an occasional newsletter with extra bonus material. It’s intended to be the sort of thing you can pass along to other small businesses in your town, or maybe someone like your chamber of commerce folks.
Although the newsletter has been inactive for quite a while, I’m motivated to give it new life this year.
Our first issue of 2010 is going to discuss small town trends in small business and entrepreneurship. I’ve submitted my annual list of the top ten trends to the Small Business Trends website, and I’ll let you know when it is published. There are seven more trends that I think are important enough we ought to discuss them together. So that will be in the first issue, going out on Monday.
If you want to join the discussion, go to the newsletter sign up page.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020