A quick update on small business resources online.
First, the US Small Business Administration has updated their annual Small Business FAQ (PDF). It’s packed full of statistics on US small business. For example, here’s the latest on small business survival rates:
Seven out of ten new employer firms last at least two years, and about half survive five years.
Second, Bizmore is a new site from former CNET executive Alice Hill and former Business 2.0 editor and B-Net head Jeff Davis. It looks to be more than the usual “articles and community” site. There’s a strong emphasis on Q and As, and an interesting Roundtables section. Take a look.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022