A quick update on small business resources online.
First, the US Small Business Administration has updated their annual Small Business FAQ (PDF). It’s packed full of statistics on US small business. For example, here’s the latest on small business survival rates:
Seven out of ten new employer firms last at least two years, and about half survive five years.
Second, Bizmore is a new site from former CNET executive Alice Hill and former Business 2.0 editor and B-Net head Jeff Davis. It looks to be more than the usual “articles and community” site. There’s a strong emphasis on Q and As, and an interesting Roundtables section. Take a look.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020