A quick update on small business resources online.
First, the US Small Business Administration has updated their annual Small Business FAQ (PDF). It’s packed full of statistics on US small business. For example, here’s the latest on small business survival rates:
Seven out of ten new employer firms last at least two years, and about half survive five years.
Second, Bizmore is a new site from former CNET executive Alice Hill and former Business 2.0 editor and B-Net head Jeff Davis. It looks to be more than the usual “articles and community” site. There’s a strong emphasis on Q and As, and an interesting Roundtables section. Take a look.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021