The Toshiba Satellite Pro S300 is a desktop replacement size laptop. Toshiba loaned me one to take a look at for a review from a small business perspective.
Bottom line: I like it.
The first thing for me, is that it’s big. Normally, I’m a tiny laptop person. And this baby ain’t tiny. But it’s big in a way that makes sense. I can appreciate how this would be a great alternative to a desktop for a small business.
- The screen. Bright, lovely. Makes me want to show it off to other people. And it is big enough to share a slide show with another person.
- The lid latch. Does exactly what it should: keeps it shut until you open it.
- The keyboard. A pleasure to type on. With a little Caps Lock light right on the key. Easy to read key labels. The satin-y feel of the surfaces. (I really, really liked the keyboard.)
- The two-prong plug. Nice for travel or for home offices.
I don’t like a few things:
- The case flexes oddly when you pick it up wrong. I wonder if it will affect durability. Not a huge concern, but it feels a bit odd when you grab it from the wrist rest area.
- The warm breeze out of the left side. I’m warm enough, thanks.
- The USB ports are too far forward. If you plug in a USB mouse, the cord is now in the way of using the mouse near the laptop.
- Trial ware. Especially for small business. I’d rather get nothing, than to get a trial copy of Microsoft Office.
- Runs XP. I’m used to Vista now, so I found this… unusual. For small business, I don’t think Vista is the same kind of issue as it is for big businesses. I don’t see this as good or bad, just noted.
So, for a large laptop, I liked it, more than I thought I would. And I’m going to miss typing on that keyboard….
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022