[Earl, one of our readers, left this as a comment on an older post. I think it’s a good discussion starter, so I brought it here as a post. Becky]
SERVE THE UNDERSERVED” and watch the sales roll in!
By Earl L. Sigmund CPA
I guess that I never looked at target marketing this way before. Instead of taking your product or service and trying to find a target market to buy your product or service, we should first do research on what group of people is underserved and then DEVELOP something that this group wants to buy. Seems like a no-brainer to me. This is what ESPN did, 24 hour headline news did, even McDonald’s did.
Just what do entrepreneurs want now that they don’t have? What do stressed-out families want now that they don’t have?
Maybe this sort of thinking will help entrepreneurs figure out why their marketing efforts fail. Research and analysis of the marketplace are key. Let’s take the time to do our homework instead of just jumping in and forcing our own services and products down everyone’s throats.
What under-served markets do you see around your town?
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022