My Twitter Addition/Addiction….
A Point of View story from Laura Beulke, Vertical Printing and Graphics
I started using twitter in January 2008 and really didn’t know what it was all about. I followed a link from another social media website and started my account and looked around a little and found a few people I was interested in and that was about it. Then I would go and visit the site maybe once a week and look what was posted and then I posted a few things too. But then it hit me around June 2008 this would be a great resource for gaining new clients from all over the country. So my addition became an addiction!!!
So now I started doing some serious following of people and was also leaving several micro blogs a day, it started off with a little bit of advice and then I would offer some special rates, then came the FREEBIE’s, where I would give away a little bit of printing or a product. Then it SNOWBALLED for me… people started RT my specials and that I offered FREEBIE’s and before you knew it I had hundreds of new new followers.
I have also done sponsorships for peoples blogs through connecting on twitter which has brought lots of attention to both my website as well as my twitter account. In less the 1 year I had gain over 5000 followers and with many of those I have built relationships with that have feed in some GREAT referrals as well. Now not only am I a twitter addict I am a twitter queen (at least I think so.)
I now make it part of my daily routine to come up with a different special, or a positive saying and this is what really has made it all work for me. I seem to get new followers everyday and also find that several of my followers take the time to RT my specials (some do it everyday.) I see this being the reason I have been successful at gaining business from this thing we call Twitter. I also think that following it up with a great products, person to person customer service and most of all building long lasting relationships is the most important part of it! The FREEBIE’s also help too!
So thanks to this little thing called Twitter I have added clients in 15 more state that I had not done any business in before, making it well over 30 states now that Vertical Printing and Graphics, a little boutique printing and graphics company in Encinitas, CA can say they service.
Vertical Printing & Graphics
Follow me on Twitter: VPG_Printing
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020