My Twitter Addition/Addiction….
A Point of View story from Laura Beulke, Vertical Printing and Graphics
I started using twitter in January 2008 and really didn’t know what it was all about. I followed a link from another social media website and started my account and looked around a little and found a few people I was interested in and that was about it. Then I would go and visit the site maybe once a week and look what was posted and then I posted a few things too. But then it hit me around June 2008 this would be a great resource for gaining new clients from all over the country. So my addition became an addiction!!!
So now I started doing some serious following of people and was also leaving several micro blogs a day, it started off with a little bit of advice and then I would offer some special rates, then came the FREEBIE’s, where I would give away a little bit of printing or a product. Then it SNOWBALLED for me… people started RT my specials and that I offered FREEBIE’s and before you knew it I had hundreds of new new followers.
I have also done sponsorships for peoples blogs through connecting on twitter which has brought lots of attention to both my website as well as my twitter account. In less the 1 year I had gain over 5000 followers and with many of those I have built relationships with that have feed in some GREAT referrals as well. Now not only am I a twitter addict I am a twitter queen (at least I think so.)
I now make it part of my daily routine to come up with a different special, or a positive saying and this is what really has made it all work for me. I seem to get new followers everyday and also find that several of my followers take the time to RT my specials (some do it everyday.) I see this being the reason I have been successful at gaining business from this thing we call Twitter. I also think that following it up with a great products, person to person customer service and most of all building long lasting relationships is the most important part of it! The FREEBIE’s also help too!
So thanks to this little thing called Twitter I have added clients in 15 more state that I had not done any business in before, making it well over 30 states now that Vertical Printing and Graphics, a little boutique printing and graphics company in Encinitas, CA can say they service.
Vertical Printing & Graphics
Follow me on Twitter: VPG_Printing
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020