One frustration at Small Biz Survival is hearing that you had trouble commenting. I want to share a few tips that can solve or at least work around some of those problems.
Red error message: “Your request could not be processed. Please try again.”
- This problem seems to be especially common on iPad. Click “Post Comment” again immediately. It almost always goes through the second time.
- For some reason, Mac users with Firefox are more likely to have a problem commenting. I hear that using Safari sometimes works better. I’m sorry about this problem with our commenting software.
- Our commenting software uses a third party cookie. Setting your browser to allow third party cookies seems to clear up many comment problems. Not everyone is comfortable with accepting third party cookies, so use your own judgment.
Alternate ways to comment:
If none of that worked, or you just want to reach us a different way, try one of these.
- Send me your comment via email, and I will happily post it. email@example.com
- Post on our Small Biz Survival Facebook page. All our posts here appear as notes in Facebook.
- Comment on my FriendFeed or Buzz. All Small Biz Survival articles also appear in my BeckyMcCray FriendFeed and my Google Buzz.
- Tweet me your comment to @beckymccray or @sbsurvival.
If you’re having problems commenting, please email me personally: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you’ve found a trick that works to solve a commenting problem, please share it in the comments here! Thanks.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021