One frustration at Small Biz Survival is hearing that you had trouble commenting. I want to share a few tips that can solve or at least work around some of those problems.
Red error message: “Your request could not be processed. Please try again.”
- This problem seems to be especially common on iPad. Click “Post Comment” again immediately. It almost always goes through the second time.
- For some reason, Mac users with Firefox are more likely to have a problem commenting. I hear that using Safari sometimes works better. I’m sorry about this problem with our commenting software.
- Our commenting software uses a third party cookie. Setting your browser to allow third party cookies seems to clear up many comment problems. Not everyone is comfortable with accepting third party cookies, so use your own judgment.
Alternate ways to comment:
If none of that worked, or you just want to reach us a different way, try one of these.
- Send me your comment via email, and I will happily post it. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post on our Small Biz Survival Facebook page. All our posts here appear as notes in Facebook.
- Comment on my FriendFeed or Buzz. All Small Biz Survival articles also appear in my BeckyMcCray FriendFeed and my Google Buzz.
- Tweet me your comment to @beckymccray or @sbsurvival.
If you’re having problems commenting, please email me personally: email@example.com.
And if you’ve found a trick that works to solve a commenting problem, please share it in the comments here! Thanks.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020