Our friend Chris Brogan introduced us to Workshifting.com. Their tagline is “anywhere is my office.” I want to take that a step further. Don’t just work where ever you want, live where ever you want!
So I offered Chris and Justin Levy a guest post on the small town perspective on workshifting. (Don’t tell anyone, but I think both Chris and Justin actually live in small towns.) I talked about what you need to know before you relocate, ways to cope with internet outages, and other issues we deal with all the time in small towns.
They were kind enough to accept, and you’ll find it here: Workshifting from a small town.
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020