Collect great ideas everywhere you go. At SXSW, Jim Storer told me about a restaurant that does a Hotter Than Hell Night.
It’s the East Coast Grill in Cambridge, MA. They do a whole menu of torturous treats, from cocktails through entrees. Read through their creative names, recipes and descriptions. They do offer a bit of “food for wimps” and even an antidote, for a small wimp charge. (See page 2 of the menu.)
The whole night is eagerly awaited. Crowds form. People drive for miles and miles to get there. Servers dress up in firefighter gear. The whole staff gets into it. It is an experience.
That’s what you want to build with your business: experiences.What great ideas have you collected lately?
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020