Ready to spread the word about your town or tourism attraction? Maybe you want to run a “fam” or familiarization tour. That’s what Hutchinson, Kansas, is doing today.
The usual fam tour targets travel agents, tourism consultants, tour operators, or others who can send direct customers to your town. But Hutch is targeting bloggers.We may not book any tours, but we sure talk, a lot. They aren’t the first town to try it, but they may be one of the smaller towns to pull it off successfully.
Cody Heitschmidt was one of the instigators of the idea, then helped recruit the group of bloggers. You can read a bit more about who’s here, and what’s on our agenda at “Bloggers Invade Hutchinson.”
Any small town tourism business could spearhead a similar event for their own area. You could band together with other towns to generate a truly memorable couple of days for some influential online leaders.
My travel reports will be posted at Out Standing in My Field . So far, it is way, way, way cool.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021