Ready to spread the word about your town or tourism attraction? Maybe you want to run a “fam” or familiarization tour. That’s what Hutchinson, Kansas, is doing today.
The usual fam tour targets travel agents, tourism consultants, tour operators, or others who can send direct customers to your town. But Hutch is targeting bloggers.We may not book any tours, but we sure talk, a lot. They aren’t the first town to try it, but they may be one of the smaller towns to pull it off successfully.
Cody Heitschmidt was one of the instigators of the idea, then helped recruit the group of bloggers. You can read a bit more about who’s here, and what’s on our agenda at “Bloggers Invade Hutchinson.”
Any small town tourism business could spearhead a similar event for their own area. You could band together with other towns to generate a truly memorable couple of days for some influential online leaders.
My travel reports will be posted at Out Standing in My Field . So far, it is way, way, way cool.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020