Ready to spread the word about your town or tourism attraction? Maybe you want to run a “fam” or familiarization tour. That’s what Hutchinson, Kansas, is doing today.
The usual fam tour targets travel agents, tourism consultants, tour operators, or others who can send direct customers to your town. But Hutch is targeting bloggers.We may not book any tours, but we sure talk, a lot. They aren’t the first town to try it, but they may be one of the smaller towns to pull it off successfully.
Cody Heitschmidt was one of the instigators of the idea, then helped recruit the group of bloggers. You can read a bit more about who’s here, and what’s on our agenda at “Bloggers Invade Hutchinson.”
Any small town tourism business could spearhead a similar event for their own area. You could band together with other towns to generate a truly memorable couple of days for some influential online leaders.
My travel reports will be posted at Out Standing in My Field . So far, it is way, way, way cool.
- Want more public attendance at your events? Make sure your signs include this specific phrase - February 18, 2019
- Who’s asking your customer questions? - February 11, 2019
- How restaurants can market each other in small towns - February 4, 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for rural small business - January 28, 2019
- What businesses would work in a small town with empty land - January 21, 2019
- Two 2019 small business trends that are good for small towns - January 14, 2019
- Small towns as testing grounds for future technology - December 31, 2018
- Empty building ideas: Art gallery in the windows - December 24, 2018
- What is holding us back? Why does every project take so long in small towns? - December 3, 2018
- Control your business holiday lights with smart home tools - November 19, 2018