Why are we sharing the farmers market webinar?
- We get quite a few searches on farmers markets.
- Local foods are a huge trend in small town business.
- Their next two topics are finding your target market and youth entrepreneurship.
Here’s the info from the nationwide eXtension group:
Tips and Tricks for Successful Farmers’ Markets
On Wednesday, April 8, 2009, at 2:00pm (EST) the eXtension Entrepreneurs and Their Communities webinar topic will be Tips and Tricks for Successful Farmers’ Markets. Farmers’ markets are increasing in popularity. They provide an excellent way for beginning farmers, craftspeople, and artisans to get established. Successful markets are those that know their customers and have a good market structure. Dr. Jennifer Dennis of Purdue University will discuss key consumer trends that will aid vendors in selling as well as key traits of a good market master.
Join Dr. Dennis,Specialty Crop Marketing Extension Specialist, for an overview of how to maximize the potential of your Farmers’ Market. If you are a farmers’ market manager, a vendor or a farmer considering adding farmers’ markets to your marketing mix, be sure to join us on Wednesday, April 8 at 2:00pm Eastern Time (please adjust for your time zone).
Help us to spread the word about this session. No pre-registration is required and there is no fee to participate. About 10 minutes prior to the start time simply go the Adobe Connect Pro meeting room at http://connect.extension.
iastate.edu/ecop/. You will be presented with a login screen that has an “Enter as Guest” option. Enter your first name, last name and state, then click “Enter Room” to join the conference. To hear the audio of the workshop and participate in the Q and A portion of the workshop we will be using a built-in teleconferencing capability of Adobe’s Connect Pro conferencing software. Once you log into the meeting you will be presented with the option to enter your call-back number, your phone will automatically be called. After entering your number you will be automatically called and joined into the audio portion of the Web conference on your phone.
Newcomers to online learning are welcome!
Mark your calendars now for upcoming topics!
- May 13, 2009 – Finding Your Target Market using Marketmaker
- June 10, 2009 – Youth Entrepreneurship Programs
EPA has announced an opportunity to seek grant funds (no match required) for local governments and non-profit organizations (among others) to promote, expand or improve domestic farmers markets, roadside stands, etc. Approximately $5M is available with awards ranging from $2,000 to $5,000. Logon to http://www.ams.usda.gov/fmpp for program details.
Photo by Becky McCray.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022