Angela Maiers was kind enough to share a copy of Classroom Habitudes with me. It’s her book on how to teach 21st Century learning habits and attitudes, exactly as described on the cover.
So, why is a small business site reviewing a book that, on first glance, appears to be for teachers?
- Isn’t part of your business to help your customers, employees, and prospects to learn?
- Could you benefit from improving your own ability to learn?
- Didn’t you know I come from a long line of teachers? (I had to throw that in.)
It is an excellent book to help you focus your own personal growth, or to help you as a teacher, educator, or instructor.
The focus is not on developing particular skills. It is on gaining the habits and attitudes that carry you through to learn any new skill. What are the Habitudes?
- Perseverance (my personal fave)
- Self Awareness
If you spent each month focusing on one of those habitudes, imagine how much you would grow as an effective small business person in half a year. You might grow into being a whole different person.
I said that I come from a long line of teachers, but I don’t hold an educational degree or certificate of any kind. I only teach workshops, short classes, things like that. But I truly enjoyed this book. Her classroom dialogues, once I got past the “boys and girls” intro, were excellent at leading my thinking about these subjects. There is plenty of relevance for life-long learners, as well as classroom teachers.
Thank you, Angela, for sharing your Habitudes with me.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021