Angela Maiers was kind enough to share a copy of Classroom Habitudes with me. It’s her book on how to teach 21st Century learning habits and attitudes, exactly as described on the cover.
So, why is a small business site reviewing a book that, on first glance, appears to be for teachers?
- Isn’t part of your business to help your customers, employees, and prospects to learn?
- Could you benefit from improving your own ability to learn?
- Didn’t you know I come from a long line of teachers? (I had to throw that in.)
It is an excellent book to help you focus your own personal growth, or to help you as a teacher, educator, or instructor.
The focus is not on developing particular skills. It is on gaining the habits and attitudes that carry you through to learn any new skill. What are the Habitudes?
- Perseverance (my personal fave)
- Self Awareness
If you spent each month focusing on one of those habitudes, imagine how much you would grow as an effective small business person in half a year. You might grow into being a whole different person.
I said that I come from a long line of teachers, but I don’t hold an educational degree or certificate of any kind. I only teach workshops, short classes, things like that. But I truly enjoyed this book. Her classroom dialogues, once I got past the “boys and girls” intro, were excellent at leading my thinking about these subjects. There is plenty of relevance for life-long learners, as well as classroom teachers.
Thank you, Angela, for sharing your Habitudes with me.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
chris o. says
“Your Trusted Referral Network”
Angela Maiers says
Thank you so much for sharing the Habitudes with your readers. You make a great point that learning is learning – no matter how old you are. The Habitudes are the tools necessary to make learning happen whether in school or out.
I would be so thrilled to hear how you and your readers adapt the lessons for the workplace. Who knows…maybe we will have a new book- “Business Habitudes???”.
Thanks for spreading the spirit and the passion for life- long learning!
Nice and informative post, especially the “Habitudes” concept :)
Discount Business Cards says
Very Informative. Thank you for this post.