We started the discussion of How NOT to use Twitter for tourism businesses. Now let’s discuss how TO use Twitter for tourism businesses. I’d love to hear your advice and experience, to these questions raised by a new visitor in the comments:
So pleased I found this helpful blog post. I’m a tourism consultant and just opened an apartment on the coast in Wales but I’m new to Twitter. Really useful comments above especially from Ken Yeung, thank you so much. 2 question though:
1) is it ethical to search and ‘intercept’ people looking for holidays in my part of the world and then @ them with details of my place?
2) should I have 2 twitter accounts, one for my consutlancy stuff, the other for the accoommodation?
As I say, I’m learning, want to get it right so any advice gratefully received. Great community this!
Andrew Lloyd Hughes
What do you think? What experience can you share?
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021