We started the discussion of How NOT to use Twitter for tourism businesses. Now let’s discuss how TO use Twitter for tourism businesses. I’d love to hear your advice and experience, to these questions raised by a new visitor in the comments:
So pleased I found this helpful blog post. I’m a tourism consultant and just opened an apartment on the coast in Wales but I’m new to Twitter. Really useful comments above especially from Ken Yeung, thank you so much. 2 question though:
1) is it ethical to search and ‘intercept’ people looking for holidays in my part of the world and then @ them with details of my place?
2) should I have 2 twitter accounts, one for my consutlancy stuff, the other for the accoommodation?
As I say, I’m learning, want to get it right so any advice gratefully received. Great community this!
Andrew Lloyd Hughes
What do you think? What experience can you share?
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020