What will be the biggest trends for rural small businesses in 2009? Anita Campbell of Small Biz Trends asked me. I came up with 11 trends to consider.
I must admit that I didn’t make up the phrase, “the Atwoods effect.” That was my husband’s idea for trend #6:
Many new residents will be of the gentleman-farmer type. They may only have half an acre, but to them it’s a spacious ranchette. They need all the farming and country accessories that go with a rural lifestyle. You can be the one who provides them.
Read all the Trends for Rural Small Businesses in 2009.
Deb Brown asked to reprint it in her local newspaper, and Anita Campbell was kind enough to allow it. That’s just double cool.
Let me know what trends you are watching for 2009.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020