What will be the biggest trends for rural small businesses in 2009? Anita Campbell of Small Biz Trends asked me. I came up with 11 trends to consider.
I must admit that I didn’t make up the phrase, “the Atwoods effect.” That was my husband’s idea for trend #6:
Many new residents will be of the gentleman-farmer type. They may only have half an acre, but to them it’s a spacious ranchette. They need all the farming and country accessories that go with a rural lifestyle. You can be the one who provides them.
Read all the Trends for Rural Small Businesses in 2009.
Deb Brown asked to reprint it in her local newspaper, and Anita Campbell was kind enough to allow it. That’s just double cool.
Let me know what trends you are watching for 2009.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021