My husband asked, “Does this still come up?” Yes, unfortunately, it still does. Right now, about 27 million worldwide people are forced laborers, slaves. Really. Sad, isn’t it? It’s so common, the State of Texas printed posters about it.
Diana Scimone works all the time trying to build awareness of modern slavery and to end it. She invited me to participate in National Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Awareness Day. I wasn’t sure I had much to add. But once I was thinking about it, I saw this poster. How many times have a ignored similar signs?
That’s how awareness building works; it makes you notice things.
To notice what Born to Fly International is doing to stop child trafficking and slavery, visit www.born2fly.org.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021