I saw this warning poster in a Dallas restaurant yesterday.
My husband asked, “Does this still come up?” Yes, unfortunately, it still does. Right now, about 27 million worldwide people are forced laborers, slaves. Really. Sad, isn’t it? It’s so common, the State of Texas printed posters about it.
Diana Scimone works all the time trying to build awareness of modern slavery and to end it. She invited me to participate in National Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery Awareness Day. I wasn’t sure I had much to add. But once I was thinking about it, I saw this poster. How many times have a ignored similar signs?
That’s how awareness building works; it makes you notice things.
To notice what Born to Fly International is doing to stop child trafficking and slavery, visit www.born2fly.org.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Diana Scimone says
Thank you, friend, for this great post and the photo (which I may “borrow” on my blog :-) ). You are so right–trafficking is sadly all around us. Thanks for the great post and the great insights.
Born to Fly International, Inc.