OpenBeta is where ideas meet opportunity. It’s the event in OKC that brought together a wide range of techies, social media folks, and entrepreneurs in one place for networking, demos and talks.
Videos from all the talks are now available, at OpenBeta.
The headliner is the keynote from TwitPic Founder Noah Everett. Betcha didn’t know he’s from Oklahoma! I told you that you can live where you want, and still be successful!
All the other talks are there, too, including:
- Foamish social beer rating service
- Innovative nonprofit Bike Against Hunger
- Former Alva resident (!) Justin Boeckman from Element Fusion
- Ryan Hoegg who’s working on a portable credibility idea
- The Oklahoma City Coworking Technology Cooperative (the idea most likely to generate new startups, in my opinion) presented by Derrick Parkhurst
- Me with delegating tips
- Vance Lucas from Invoice More (which actually helps you to invoice less often for recurring billing)
- Jim Rogers from Oklahoma’s innovation agency i2E
OpenBeta2 is scheduled for February 26th, 2009, so all you Okie techies, geeks, programmers, social media types, and entrepreneurs, mark your calendars. Is it worth it to attend? I found it worth driving 5 hours (roundtrip) to attend. I made new connections, met a possible new sponsor, and generally got involved in a very entrepreneurial community.
The amazing Derrick Parkhurst of ThirtySixthSpan is the driving force behind this event. Watch him, because he is headed places!
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022