Accounting and finance is one of those topics no one likes to deal with. Except us. We like to talk about it because we (Maesz and I) do it, and we teach it. We’ve written a series of articles on accounting and bookkeeping, and here are some of our better items.
- Do you get accounting?
- The easiest accounting system
- Top 3 Year-end Accounting Tasks
- Simplified Small Biz Accounting and Record Keeping
- Simplified accounting for side businesses and micro enterprises
While you’re reading up, don’t miss:
- The “What qualifies as deductible?” list in Checklists for starting your first business
- Tips for tracking details in QuickBooks if you are a QB user
- The link to Gina in How to organize your business accounting records
- And Maesz’ post direct from the IRS on How to keep good tax records
One parting piece of advice:
Don’t ignore the bookkeeping just because you don’t like to do it.
That’s all too common, and all too deadly.
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019