Temporary holiday help is critical in small business. You cannot afford a bad hire, even in the short term!
Kay Bell asked my opinion on a holiday hiring for an article for NFIB. She also collected some great tips from workforce development specialist Jacquelyn P. Robinson.
The tips break down into six areas:
- Start looking now
- Hire as if it were permanent
- Look for jolly workers
- Train, and do so creatively
- Keep everyone happy
- Go beyond the holidays
You can read all the tips in Six Holiday Hiring Tips.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020