Temporary holiday help is critical in small business. You cannot afford a bad hire, even in the short term!
Kay Bell asked my opinion on a holiday hiring for an article for NFIB. She also collected some great tips from workforce development specialist Jacquelyn P. Robinson.
The tips break down into six areas:
- Start looking now
- Hire as if it were permanent
- Look for jolly workers
- Train, and do so creatively
- Keep everyone happy
- Go beyond the holidays
You can read all the tips in Six Holiday Hiring Tips.
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020