You know a lot about me, but friend/mentor/buddy/rockstar Chris Brogan has tagged me for the 5 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me meme. After putting it off for weeks, here are five new things you probably don’t know about me.
1. My first business venture was washing cars in junior high school.
2. In a previous tight economic time, I went to work in the local laundry and dry cleaners for six months. I lost 15 pounds, learned a bunch, and gained a serious appreciation for my great-grandmother who worked in a laundry for many years.
3. One thing I wish I could do well is sing.
4. At conferences, people frequently ask me how I got into high tech from a small town. Seems to surprise them. Mom bought us a computer when I was 7 or 8, and I learned to program. I’ve been into high tech things ever since.
5. Because I live in a small town and have a cattle ranch, people think I must ride a horse and rodeo and listen to country music. Nope. I don’t rodeo, I don’t like country music, and my only horse is the Mustang in the garage.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021