Today, the number one best thing you can do for your business is to spend time focusing on improving your business.
- You can read advice from innumerable business experts, including those in your own field, without leaving your computer.
- You can connect personally with mentors, consultants, and many other types of support online.
- You can get resource articles, guides, and ebooks on any small business issue.
What’s keeping you from using these tools to improve your business? Time, focus, attention. All scarce resources.
What is the solution? Dedicate a set time each week, 1 hour minimum. Make it an absolute commitment. Spend that time finding, reading, learning, and implementing.
At first, you assignment is:
- Figure out what areas need improvement.
- Set goals.
- Decide how you can measure progress.
- Find people who can help.
Once you are going, and have made the habit, focus on:
- Review your performance for the past week. How did you do? What can you improve? How are you progressing toward goals? Check your measurements.
- Learn about one of your improvement areas. Read blogs, read ebooks; read, read, read!
- Check in with one of your mentors.
Do this every Friday. Start tomorrow. And if you happen to have something good to share, drop it in the Brag Basket.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021