Today, the number one best thing you can do for your business is to spend time focusing on improving your business.
- You can read advice from innumerable business experts, including those in your own field, without leaving your computer.
- You can connect personally with mentors, consultants, and many other types of support online.
- You can get resource articles, guides, and ebooks on any small business issue.
What’s keeping you from using these tools to improve your business? Time, focus, attention. All scarce resources.
What is the solution? Dedicate a set time each week, 1 hour minimum. Make it an absolute commitment. Spend that time finding, reading, learning, and implementing.
At first, you assignment is:
- Figure out what areas need improvement.
- Set goals.
- Decide how you can measure progress.
- Find people who can help.
Once you are going, and have made the habit, focus on:
- Review your performance for the past week. How did you do? What can you improve? How are you progressing toward goals? Check your measurements.
- Learn about one of your improvement areas. Read blogs, read ebooks; read, read, read!
- Check in with one of your mentors.
Do this every Friday. Start tomorrow. And if you happen to have something good to share, drop it in the Brag Basket.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022