You’re got to have a 9 a.m. appointment every day that you work from home.
Without one, it’s too easy to let yourself start slowly. Or to get started on the wrong things in the morning. Sometimes you just don’t feel like moving. That’s why you need a 9 a.m. appointment. Make one every day.
The best 9 a.m.’s are outside the house, face to face with a client, because that means you have to get up, get ready, be professional, and focused on business by 9 a.m.
Now with technology, you may not be that close to your clients. The assignment of a 9 a.m. business appointment still stands, but you have to be creative. Set a 9 a.m. phone meeting. Have an appointment with a sub-contractor, supplier, or advisor. Commit to your co-working partners to check-in at 9 a.m. I know one successful small town entrepreneur who gets up, gets dressed professionally, and goes to the post office every morning at 9.
I first heard this advice from super successful entrepreneur Gloria Mayfield Banks.
What is your 9 a.m. appointment?
[Photo by me.]
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022