The Two Week Perspective is a different way to view your schedule.
I use Google Calendar. I like the weekly view, but when you’re on Thursday or Friday, mostly you see the past. So I changed to a Two Week view, and made that the default. Now I see more of what’s coming up. I’ve used it for over a month now. (I shared it on Twitter over a month ago.) It helps me to better plan my weeks.
Simple. But effective.
Here’s the step by step instructions for Google Calendar:
- Click Settings (on the top right).
- In the middle of the list of General Settings is the Custom View. Change this to 2 Weeks.
- Just above the Custom View is the Default View. Change it to Custom View (2 Weeks).
What calendar tricks do you use?
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
Just changed my Google calendar to the 2 week view. If the current week always stays on the top of the display, I think I am going to like it a lot–much less visual distraction. Thanks for the hint.
Yea, I don’t like when I am looking at Monday whens its Friday.