If you are looking for a shortcut to some of the best writing on a subject, almost any subject, look at Alltop. It brings together the headlines from selected writers by subject, all on one page.
Here are just some of the (more or less) business related subjects under the letter S:
- Sales – Everything you need to make your annual quota in the first quarter…during a recession.
- Science – Complete coverage on the subject of science without the homework.
- Screenwriting – News, tips, and resources about screenwriting.
- SEO – Tips, advice and strategies about search engine optimization.
- SharePoint – All the news, tips and advice about Microsoft’s SharePoint.
- Shopping – Product reviews, advice and suggestions before going to the mall.
- Small Busines – News, tips, trends and advice about small businesses.
- Social Entrepreneurship – News and opinion about Social Entrepreneurship.
- Social Media – Complete coverage of social media.
- Space – We’ve got it occupied.
- Speaking – All the sites and blogs that you need to follow to get a standing ovation every time.
- Startups – All the news and information that entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs need.
On each topic page, if you put your mouse pointer over a story headline, a summary of the story pops up. So you can get a quick overview of a subject, find sources for research, learn something new, or just find new blogs to populate your reader.
In fact, our friend Sheila Scarborough recommends Alltop as an easy way to introduce someone to the online world, without worrying about explaining blogs and feeds and RSS and readers.
By the way, we’re featured on Alltop, under small business.
Oh, and, I’m thinking about what would go on a rural page at Alltop. So add your suggestions over at Out Standing in My Field.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021