He and I bonded over our shared view that technology allows you to live where you like. He told me his post office sotry. A friend of Des, who is a business coach, was talking with her client, who had moved from the city to set up her business in the small town. She was in a hurry one morning, and frustrated that the post office clerk insisted on chatting with each customer! The coach reminded her, why is it that you moved here? “we liked the slower pace … oh, yeah.”
Yeah. That’s what it’s about. Live where you want.
Find out more about Des at www.deswalsh.com and www.thinkinghomebusiness.com. He said he always has to explain why he chose that name, Thinking Home Business. It’s not get rich quick on the internet businesses. It’s about professionals who use the technology tools to work from home.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020