He and I bonded over our shared view that technology allows you to live where you like. He told me his post office sotry. A friend of Des, who is a business coach, was talking with her client, who had moved from the city to set up her business in the small town. She was in a hurry one morning, and frustrated that the post office clerk insisted on chatting with each customer! The coach reminded her, why is it that you moved here? “we liked the slower pace … oh, yeah.”
Yeah. That’s what it’s about. Live where you want.
Find out more about Des at www.deswalsh.com and www.thinkinghomebusiness.com. He said he always has to explain why he chose that name, Thinking Home Business. It’s not get rich quick on the internet businesses. It’s about professionals who use the technology tools to work from home.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022