He and I bonded over our shared view that technology allows you to live where you like. He told me his post office sotry. A friend of Des, who is a business coach, was talking with her client, who had moved from the city to set up her business in the small town. She was in a hurry one morning, and frustrated that the post office clerk insisted on chatting with each customer! The coach reminded her, why is it that you moved here? “we liked the slower pace … oh, yeah.”
Yeah. That’s what it’s about. Live where you want.
Find out more about Des at www.deswalsh.com and www.thinkinghomebusiness.com. He said he always has to explain why he chose that name, Thinking Home Business. It’s not get rich quick on the internet businesses. It’s about professionals who use the technology tools to work from home.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022