Liz Strauss says you’re only a stranger once. She calls herself a 65th Crayon, a Saloon Keepers Daughter. She says her brothers Angelo and Pasquale pay people to like her. She calls people SOB, or BAD Bloggers, and they like it. She’s a character, fun to be around.
And she’s a sharp, smart business person. I said when we spent a week together at SXSW, that we would probably start four new businesses together. I find that we are frequently working along the same lines, though from our own direction.
I’m proud to say that Liz is my friend. Happy Birthday, Liz.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021