Our Friend Chris Penn took my rant on the rural workforce shortage and ran with it. The result? He’s spilling the secret over on the Financial Aid Podcast.
Will we be overrun with city folks seeking the land of opportunity in the small towns? Um, no. I can’t tell you how happy I would be if the end result was even a few people successfully moving to a rural area.
But here’s the killer question: is the required hard work going to kill the deal?
Sunday, we’ll have a special audio interview with Chris about trends in financial aid, including some special pointers for small business owners.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021