Our Friend Chris Penn took my rant on the rural workforce shortage and ran with it. The result? He’s spilling the secret over on the Financial Aid Podcast.
Will we be overrun with city folks seeking the land of opportunity in the small towns? Um, no. I can’t tell you how happy I would be if the end result was even a few people successfully moving to a rural area.
But here’s the killer question: is the required hard work going to kill the deal?
Sunday, we’ll have a special audio interview with Chris about trends in financial aid, including some special pointers for small business owners.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020