Speaker on small town business and social media
It’s tough to find speakers who really understand small town and small business realities. And most techie speakers have trouble translating new technology into plain language. I help conference organizers provide useful information to audiences, especially small business people, small town and rural residents. My successes and my failures help me connect deeply with people, and share some of the ways that small businesses can survive and grow in small towns. Because I use new technologies in my business and because I’ve taught hundreds of classroom hours on computer and business subjects, I speak from experience.
You’ll find more information at Becky McCray, Speaker.
Consulting with Small Businesses
Every business runs into problems. From the idea, through every stage of business life, problems and opportunities abound. For small business people immersed in day to day business, there is little time for reflection or idea generation. Sometimes, a short conversation or a long-term relationship with an outside person can make a huge difference in a business.
I help people think clearly about their business, evaluate options, and start building action plans. I help make connections with other resources and with a network of smart people. The experience I’ve gained working with retail, service, manufacturing, media and nonprofit organizations helps me to think differently, ask questions and generate useful ideas.We can also talk through effective ways for using social media or social networking in your business’s internet presence. We can work together by phone (or Skype), in person if we’re close enough, or you can join a monthly coaching group, as space becomes available.
Some current business and marketing clients
- Vaughan Fulton, Classic Safaris, Namibia
- Red Carpet Country tourism association, Oklahoma
- Otjandaue Hunting Safaris, Namibia
- High Plains RC&D, Oklahoma
- Caprivi Houseboat Safaris, Namibia
- Aerosock, Inc., Oklahoma
Getting StartedEmail firstname.lastname@example.org to get started, together.
Grant writing and Project management
Small towns and small nonprofits are feeling the crunch of needing to do more with less budget. You’ll find more about how I help with grants and projects at Becky McCray and Associates.
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019
- Chain link is everywhere in downtowns. Here’s how to dress it up. - June 30, 2019
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019
- Getting people to mix at an event - May 27, 2019
- Crowdsourced ideas for coffee shops and other third places - May 20, 2019
- Post signs with your tourism hashtag where visitors will see them - May 13, 2019