Speaker on small town business and social media
It’s tough to find speakers who really understand small town and small business realities. And most techie speakers have trouble translating new technology into plain language. I help conference organizers provide useful information to audiences, especially small business people, small town and rural residents. My successes and my failures help me connect deeply with people, and share some of the ways that small businesses can survive and grow in small towns. Because I use new technologies in my business and because I’ve taught hundreds of classroom hours on computer and business subjects, I speak from experience.
You’ll find more information at Becky McCray, Speaker.
Consulting with Small Businesses
Every business runs into problems. From the idea, through every stage of business life, problems and opportunities abound. For small business people immersed in day to day business, there is little time for reflection or idea generation. Sometimes, a short conversation or a long-term relationship with an outside person can make a huge difference in a business.
I help people think clearly about their business, evaluate options, and start building action plans. I help make connections with other resources and with a network of smart people. The experience I’ve gained working with retail, service, manufacturing, media and nonprofit organizations helps me to think differently, ask questions and generate useful ideas.We can also talk through effective ways for using social media or social networking in your business’s internet presence. We can work together by phone (or Skype), in person if we’re close enough, or you can join a monthly coaching group, as space becomes available.
Some current business and marketing clients
- Vaughan Fulton, Classic Safaris, Namibia
- Red Carpet Country tourism association, Oklahoma
- Otjandaue Hunting Safaris, Namibia
- High Plains RC&D, Oklahoma
- Caprivi Houseboat Safaris, Namibia
- Aerosock, Inc., Oklahoma
Getting StartedEmail email@example.com to get started, together.
Grant writing and Project management
Small towns and small nonprofits are feeling the crunch of needing to do more with less budget. You’ll find more about how I help with grants and projects at Becky McCray and Associates.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020