Don’t let Zane Safrit’s Iowa cornfield backdrop fool you. He’s a sharp CEO-level business guy. In the cornfields.
Since 2006, Zane has been exchanging ideas with us. We seem to write about many of the same topics: failure, innovation, small towns, customer service. But he also brings great knowledge on word of mouth, health care, branding, and a whole raft of other topics.
Zane understands, really deeply understands, that it is outstanding performance that makes your business work. From having the phone ring to his desk if not caught by a certain number of rings, to celebrating failure on Fridays, to killing all advertising spending, he did the things it took to build up his people, build the company, and succeed against enormous outside pressures.
Today, Zane is consulting with startups and small businesses.
You’ll find more of Zane’s writings at his main blog, Zane Safrit, and on Duct Tape Marketing under Business Life.
Please help me make Zane feel welcome here.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Becky McCray says
Zane has finished contributing here, and we truly appreciate his excellent contributions over the past year.