Our Friend Shawn Kirsch is starting a conversation on living in small towns. His goal is to revitalize his hometown.
I understand completely why people move away, and leave North Dakota completely for that matter. But as much as it may benefit me to move away, and be around more people with the same mindset as me, technology wise, I would rather be the guy who turns things around, and gets people to move here.
Make no mistake. Shawn gets the problem.
The problem I see is the people with money have no vision, and the people with vision have no money. This is compounded by the people that have the clout to do something, don’t want to listen to young people with ‘radical’ ideas like blogging and social networking.
Join the discussion at Shawn’s place.
[Photo: My hometown, Alva.]
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022