Our Friend Shawn Kirsch is starting a conversation on living in small towns. His goal is to revitalize his hometown.
I understand completely why people move away, and leave North Dakota completely for that matter. But as much as it may benefit me to move away, and be around more people with the same mindset as me, technology wise, I would rather be the guy who turns things around, and gets people to move here.
Make no mistake. Shawn gets the problem.
The problem I see is the people with money have no vision, and the people with vision have no money. This is compounded by the people that have the clout to do something, don’t want to listen to young people with ‘radical’ ideas like blogging and social networking.
Join the discussion at Shawn’s place.
[Photo: My hometown, Alva.]
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020