Our Friend Shawn Kirsch is starting a conversation on living in small towns. His goal is to revitalize his hometown.
I understand completely why people move away, and leave North Dakota completely for that matter. But as much as it may benefit me to move away, and be around more people with the same mindset as me, technology wise, I would rather be the guy who turns things around, and gets people to move here.
Make no mistake. Shawn gets the problem.
The problem I see is the people with money have no vision, and the people with vision have no money. This is compounded by the people that have the clout to do something, don’t want to listen to young people with ‘radical’ ideas like blogging and social networking.
Join the discussion at Shawn’s place.
[Photo: My hometown, Alva.]
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021