What could a small business in a small town gain from spending time on social media tools like blogs, Twitter, and FaceBook? And how can they get started? And is anyone doing this right now? Those are the questions around our 4 part series on social media for small town small businesses.
1. Social Networking and a Small Town Business – Why Bother? at Liz Strauss’s Successful Blog explains four different ways you can benefit from these tools, besides just looking for customers. (honestly, she proposed the title and topic!)
2. Social Media Starter Moves for Small Town Small Business just fit right in with Chris Brogan’s series of social media starter moves. So that will give you four different strategies and how to use them.
3. Four Small Town Game Changers profiles people who are using these tools right now to improve their business from small towns.
4. That Tall Dude is Changing Elgin, ND will give you a more in depth look, with a guest post by Shawn Kirsch.
Hmmmm…. maybe we need to pull those together into an easy to download e-book…
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020