Running a small business is tough enough. But if you’re running a small business in a small town, there’s a secret you need to know… it’s more fun than being in the big city!
You don’t believe me? Well here’s the top 5 small town advantages …
1. You don’t need GPS Navigation
2. Out network is smaller, but we care about you and your business
3. No “rush hour” – only “rush moment”
4. Random encounters are good for business
5. People are helpful
If you recognized your small town in that list, then join us for more articles, tools, resources and more fun at Small Biz Survival, The Small Town, Small Business Resource
We can refine this now through May 2, 2008, so I would love your feedback! All I ask is you find something positive to say, along with suggestions, ideas, and criticisms. :)
UPDATE May 2008: Thanks for all your feedback! The contest is closed, and we got lots of positive comments. We didn’t win the prize, but we certainly had fun! Thanks for your support!
UPDATE May 2010: Utterz aka Utterli is no more. I’ve replaced the video with a copy posted at Blip.tv.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020