Two new sites for small town small business people:
V.Blog – Another Oklahoma small business blog!
Dan Patino emailed me about his new site:
V.blog is a blog focused primarily on Small Business. Providing information on how to develop,build, and grow a small business. Discussions focus on Supplier Management, Health Insurance, Non-Profit Support, Technology, Financial Planning, Employee Benefits and Leadership
My goal is to assist entrepreneurs with tips and insights that will help them exceed beyond their wildest imaginations.
One of his great articles is called The Rising Cost of Pizza. Who couldn’t use some help coping with rising business costs?
Thanks, Dan! Glad to meet you!
Small town tourism gets an upgrade at Small Wander:
Smallwander.com arose from the desire to help travelers find out about all the great things that are happening in nearby small towns. I also wanted to help small towns to work together to network and share information to plan new and unique events across regions. In today’s age, that means forming an interactive website, which would provide detailed information on where to go, what to do, and when to do it. Although travel directories exist, not many are database driven, many don’t break across regions, such as state lines, and few focus on the small-town experience.
What terrific small town and small business resources have you found lately?
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021